Our Son Emanuel born on 22.9.2012

Our Son Emanuel born on 22.9.2012

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Great Aunt Fae's Sponge Cake

It has been a long time between post's but I feel ready to get back into it.  Not quite sure what happened?! ... motherhood with a very active little fellow and not much sleep nor time to myself!

My son Emanuel turned one on Sunday so we had a lovely party in the park.  I've gotten a lot of requests for the recipe of his birthday cake so thought I would share it here so I didn't have to keep typing it out!

Here is My Great Aunt Fae's Sponge Cake recipe.  I cooked it in two tins and put cream and berries in the middle and on the top made a 1 out of the blueberries.

180Deg 30mins (or less if divided into two tins)

4 stiffly beaten egg whites
add 1 cup caster sugar and beat in gently, then

melt 1oz butter in 2 tablespoons hot milk plus vanilla
sift 1 cup SR flour 3 times and add to cake mixture alternatively with milk mixture


Enjoy!

xox


No comments:

Post a Comment